Lilly Gorrie Scholarship
Lilly was born in June of 2013 (she is a Pride baby through and through). She does not have a big “coming out” story because from the moment she could form an opinion, she has known exactly who and what she is. She’s never been afraid to speak her mind, advocate for herself and others, and has one of the biggest hearts imaginable.
Lilly officially started her social transition to the amazing girl she is today during her kindergarten year. She has proudly navigated the school system, educating her teachers and peers along the way about what being transgender means.
Lilly has just finished her 4th grade year in the Enfield Public School system, and continues to advocate for the LGBTQ+ community.
Lilly is extremely honored to lend her name to the PFLAG scholarship for Enfield High School graduates. As a final remark, Lilly would like to remind every individual here to be proud of who you are and that you are all loved.
To be considered for the Lilly Gorrie Scholarship Program, please follow the steps outlined below:
1. Review the Eligibility Criteria: Before submitting your application, carefully read and understand the eligibility requirements for the scholarship program. Applicants must be high school seniors who identify as LGBTQIA+ or demonstrate significant advocacy and support for the LGBTQIA+ community. Additionally, applicants must possess a strong academic record and be committed to pursuing secondary education.
2. Gather Required Documents: Collect all the necessary documents for your application.
These typically include:
- Personal Statement: Write a compelling personal statement that showcases your academic achievements, involvement in LGBTQIA+ advocacy, and future aspirations. Use this opportunity to share your unique experiences and explain why you are a deserving candidate for the scholarship.
- Academic Transcripts: Request official copies of your academic transcripts from your high school. These documents should reflect your academic performance and demonstrate your dedication to your studies.
- Letters of Recommendation: Obtain two or more letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to your academic abilities, leadership skills, and contributions to the LGBTQIA+ community. Seek recommendations from teachers, counselors, mentors, or community leaders who know you well.
- Financial Information: Provide any necessary financial information or documentation that may be required for the scholarship application. This may include details about your family's income, tax returns, or completed financial aid applications.
3. Complete the Application Form: Fill out the official scholarship application form accurately and completely. This form will typically require personal details, contact information, educational background, extracurricular activities, and other relevant information. Double-check your responses before submission.
4. Submit Your Application: Once you have gathered all the required documents and completed the application form, submit your application by the specified deadline. Ensure that all the information provided is accurate, and include all necessary supporting documents.
5. Follow Up: After submitting your application, consider following up with the scholarship committee to confirm the receipt of your application. If there are any updates or changes to your contact information or academic status, promptly inform the committee.
6. Selection Process: The scholarship committee will carefully review all applications received by the deadline. They will evaluate applicants based on their academic achievements, LGBTQIA+ advocacy, personal statements, and letters of recommendation. Finalists may be contacted for additional interviews or documentation.
7. Notification of Award: Once the selection process is complete, scholarship recipients will be notified of their awards. Successful applicants will receive a formal letter or email informing them of the scholarship amount and any additional requirements or instructions.
APPLICATION'S OPEN FEBRUARY 1, 2024
Apply for the Lilly Gorrie Scholarship
P.O Box 483, Enfield, CT 06083
© 2023 by PFLAG Enfield